- This event has passed.
Can Momentum be reformed?
May 28 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
PLEASE NOTE that our series ‘Learning from Labour’s History’, which usually takes place on Thursdays, will resume on June 4.
Momentum has just called elections to their National Coordinating Group. But with Jon Lansman having abolished pretty much all democratic structures while imposing a new constitution on the organisation back in 2017, can Momentum be wrestled from his control? Join the debate!
We have put together some background material on Momentum’s history and current structure: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kHm5WqPuifGxSAAb7gQlaKWmsYF_S_xNRFq0lnoBXP0/edit?usp=sharing
– Alec Price from the LLA steering committee, who was involved in ‘Grassroots Momentum’
– Alan Gibbons, who is standing on the Forward Momentum slate in the forthcoming NCG elections in the North West and Wales
– Shona Jemphrey, who is standing on the Forward Momentum slate in the forthcoming NCG elections in the South East and South West
– Chaired by Tina Werkmann, secretary Labour Left Alliance and co-chair of Labour Against the Witchhunt
– We have also invited supporters of Momentum Renewal, but have not yet heard back